'New Girl': Merritt Wever Returning in Third Season
The Emmy-nominated "Nurse Jackie" actress will reprise the role of Schmidt's ex Elizabeth for at least two episodes -- including the Sept. 17 premiere.
Expect Schmidt's (Max Greenfield) romantic indecision to linger well into the third season of New Girl. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Merritt Wever, who played the would-be lothario's college girlfriend last season, is returning for upcoming season three premiere.
Wever, recently nominated for her second Emmy for playing Zoey Barkow on Nurse Jackie, has previously appeared in four episodes of New Girl -- though her future on the series was left up in the air after the events of the sophomore finale.
Elizabeth was left standing with Cece (Hannah Simone) when the two told Schmidt he had to choose between the both of them, and he went running in the opposite direction. She'll be back for at least two episodes, including the Sept. 17 return.
In addition to her regular work on Nurse Jackie, Wever appeared in Michael Clayton, Into the Wild and Lena Dunham's Tiny Furniture. She is repped by Innovative Artists.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR