'New Girl' Finds Its 'Old Nick' in Raymond Barry
The "Justified" actor is set to appear in the Fox comedy's upcoming sophomore season, playing a man claiming to be a future version of Jake Johnson's character.
Nick Miller, this is your life.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that New Girl has cast the older version of the slightly neurotic character -- and he won't be played by Jake Johnson (33) in makeup. Actor Raymond Barry (73) is set to appear as "Older Nick" in episode 202.
There is, however, a bit of a twist. Barry isn't playing Nick in a flash-forward or a dream sequence, rather as a man who shows up in his bar claiming to be a time traveler from the future. Nick, an inventor at heart, then listens to his supposed future self drunkenly rattle off details about his history-to-be.
And this isn't the first time Nick has flirted with the space-time continuum. A late season one episode saw him interacting with a circa 2010 (and extremely bearded) VHS version of himself.
Barry, who has appeared in The Closer, CSI and Training Day, has a recurring role on Justified as Arlo Givens. He is repped by MTA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game