'New Girl' Star Max Greenfield on Snubbing Lorne Michaels (Video)
The "Saturday Night Live" superfan tells Jimmy Fallon that he chickened out while attempting to approach the creator of the iconic comedy show at the Emmys.
New Girl's Max Greenfield, a Saturday Night Live superfan who used the iconic comedy show as his bar mitzvah theme, messed up his opportunity to meet Lorne Michaels at the Emmys last year.
Greenfield, who was nominated for best supporting actor in a comedy series, said Monday on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon that when he tried to gather the courage to approach the SNL creator, he clammed up and twice walked past Michaels without saying a word.
Here's Greenfield, known as "Schmidt" to fans of New Girl, relaying the experience to an amused Fallon:
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR