New Girl' Writers Tackle the Series' First Romantic Thanksgiving (Video)
Nearly half of a season into the Nick-Jess experiment, the duo co-cost the meal to disastrous results.
In the unfortunate history of destroyed turkeys, parental crushes and very bad dates, New Girl puts another Thanksgiving episode in the books on Nov. 26 -- and this one finds the gang tackling holidays with the couple.
"This is a story about what happens when things have been going well for a while," says episode writer Josh Malmuth. "It's not the beginning of the relationship anymore. They're getting a little bit settled, and Nick [Jake Johnson] is reacting to that."
Nick and Jess' (Zooey Deschanel) co-host Thanksgiving in the woods does not appear to go according to plan, and the below video preview and rundown from Malmuth shows that this particular holiday ends in the emergency room.
"With the Thanksgiving episodes, it's just about how they can't quite get that normal thing," adds Malmuth, "that thing that everyone imagines adults do when they sit down and eat turkey."
New Girl premieres "Thanksgiving III" on Tuesday, Oct. 15, at 9 p.m. ET.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR