'New Girl' Finds Zooey Deschanel's Onscreen Parents
Jess' divorced mom and dad will make their debut during the second season's Thanksgiving episode.
The New Girl Thanksgiving is getting a big helping of guest casting.
The duo will play Jess' (Zooey Deschanel) mom and dad, who she has over for Thanksgiving in an attempt to stage a Parent Trap to get the divorced couple to reunite. Bob and Joan will make their New Girl debuts in the November episode alongside Rob Riggle, who was previously cast as Schmidt's (Max Greenfield) cousin.
Curtis has always been most familiar for her films, but the actress recently made a big foray into TV with a guest arc on NCIS. Writer-director Reiner, who got his big break playing Michael "Meathead" Stivic in All in the Family, has worked in TV even less of late. His last appearance was in a 2010 episode of 30 Rock.
They join recent addition Carla Gugino, who landed a three-episode arc as Schmidt's new boss.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR