'New Normal': George Takei and Nicole Richie to Appear
Executive producer Ryan Murphy made the announcement on Twitter on Friday afternoon.
The New Normal is adding to the family.
Executive producer Ryan Murphy took to Twitter on Friday afternoon to announce that Star Trek alum George Takei and reality television personality/fashion designer Nicole Richie have joined the NBC comedy.
"Proud to announce Nicole Richie and the legendary George Takei are joining The New Normal family," wrote the Glee and American Horror Story co-creator.
Details on when Takei and Richie will be appearing were not available, but the pair will play themselves in an episode.
The New Normal revolves around a gay couple (Justin Bartha, Andrew Rannells) who turn to a surrogate, Goldie (Georgia King), to help expand their family. Ellen Barkin co-stars as Goldie's sharp-tongued, racist and homophobic grandmother.
The half-hour comedy launched to 6.9 million viewers Sept. 10.
The New Normal airs at 9:30 p.m. Tuesdays on NBC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR