'The Newsroom' Adds Patton Oswalt, Rosemarie DeWitt for Season 2
The former "United States of Tara" co-stars will recur on HBO's Aaron Sorkin drama.
HBO is adding staffers to The Newsroom.
The Aaron Sorkin drama has enlisted Rosemarie DeWitt and Patton Oswalt as recurring players for its sophomore season, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Oswalt will play Jonas Pfeiffer, the new vp human resources at cable network Atlantic Cable News, while DeWitt will portray Rebecca Halliday, a litigator brought in to defend the network in a wrongful-termination lawsuit.
The casting marks a reunion for Oswalt and DeWitt, who played a couple on the Showtime dramedy United States of Tara.
Oswalt, repped by CAA, Generate and Ginsburg Daniels, most recently had arcs on CBS' Two and a Half Men and HBO's Bored to Death. ICM Partners, Wishlab and Ziffren Brittenham-repped DeWitt's credits include Mad Men and the feature The Odd Life of Timothy Green.
A return date for Newsroom has yet to be determined.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR