'Newsroom' Season 2 Promo Teases Scores of Changes Ahead (Video)
Jim returns to the field as a reporter covering the Romney campaign and one character will "lose everything."
HBO has released an extended peek at season two of Aaron Sorkin's cable news drama The Newsroom, previewing a score of changes ahead when the Jeff Daniels starrer returns.
During the "Invitation to the Set" clip, Sorkin and executive producer/director Alan Poul preview one new storyline that -- unlike the first year -- will serve as a thread throughout the entire second season when a wrongful termination lawsuit threatens the careers and reputations of both Will (Daniels) and Charlie (Sam Waterston).
Meanwhile, Jim (John Gallagher Jr.) -- uncomfortable with the newsroom dynamic between Maggie (Alison Pill) and Don (Thomas Sadoski) -- returns to the field as a reporter covering the Romney campaign in a bit of self-preservation.
As for Don, his romantic tension with Sloan (Olivia Munn) is in full force this season, threatening his rekindled relationship with Maggie -- whom Sorkin previews will "lose everything."
Check out the clip below to see what other changes are in store for The Newsroom's second season when it returns Sunday, July 14 at 10 p.m. on HBO.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR