'Newsroom' Season 2 Trailer: 'Together, They Stand Alone'
Jeff Daniels' Will McAvoy stumbles through a desert, chasing after his exec producer (and ex-girlfriend), MacKenzie.
A new trailer for the second season of HBO's Newsroom, premiering July 14, shows Jeff Daniels' Will McAvoy as his curmudgeonly and confused self -- except he's in an arid desert, not a chaotic newsroom.
The clip, set to the soundtrack of Tom Odell's "Can't Pretend," sees Will stumbling past his co-workers: Maggie (Alison Pill) flirts with Jim (John Gallagher Jr.), who's then magically replaced by Don (Thomas Sadoski), the third in an ongoing love triangle. Neal (Dev Patel) throws a phone. Sloan (Olivia Munn) appears frustrated in front of a TV camera. Will's boss, Charlie (Sam Waterston), raises a glass underneath a billboard of his boss, Jane Fonda, that warns: "I'm Watching You."
Will chases after exec producer (and ex-girlfriend) MacKenzie (Emily Mortimer) until she disappears. Then, joined by his colleagues, he stumbles upon a television set. Cue the tagline: "Together, They Stand Alone."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR