Ryan Murphy's NBC Comedy Pilot Casts 'RJ Berger' Bad Boy Jayson Blair (Exclusive)
If picked up by the network, the actor would play a recurring role on the "Glee" co-creator's "The New Normal."
Ryan Murphy’s NBC comedy pilot The New Normal has picked up a new bad boy.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Jayson Blair (MTV’s The Hard Times of RJ Berger) has been cast as a guest star on the pilot, which would become a major recurring role if NBC picks it up to series.
Blair will play Clay, who has a Midwestern feel, is dangerously sexy and is entitled -- even though he peaked in high school.
New Normal is a single-camera sitcom pilot about a gay couple (Andrew Rannells, Justin Bartha) and the surrogate (Georgia King) who will carry their baby. Ellen Barkin plays the surrogate’s splashy mother.
Murphy will direct the pilot and executive produce along with Dante Di Loreto and Ali Adler.
Besides playing Max on RJ Berger, Blair starred as Ty on the Crackle web series Hot Hot Los Angeles. He also has appeared on 2 Broke Girls, The Protector, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, Rizzoli & Isles, CSI: NY and Glee.
Blair is represented by Justice & Ponder and Ginsburg Daniels.
E-mail: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game