NFL on NBC Dominates on First Sunday of Premiere Week
The matchup between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Indianapolis Colts registered the best premiere week performance for 'Sunday Night Football' in six years.
NBC’s Sunday Night Football dominated the competition on the first Sunday of television’s official premiere week. The game – between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Indianapolis Colts – registered a 13.2 household rating.
That was up two percent year-over-year for the best SNF overnight in six years against premiere week competition.
The game -- which was decided in the final seconds when the Steelers kicked a field goal to beat the Colts, who were without starting quarterback Peyton Manning -- will give NBC a decisive win for the night when final numbers are in.
NBC led the night among metered markets in primetime (7-11 p.m. ET) with a 9.9 household rating, followed by CBS (7.9), Fox (6.5) and ABC (6.2).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)