NBC's 'Smash' Snags Nick Jonas, Bernadette Peters
The midseason drama premieres Feb. 6, 2012 after "The Voice."
Smash is snatching up some notable guest stars when it launches next year.
Nick Jonas and Tony winner Bernadette Peters have booked guest appearances on NBC's midseason entry, airing Mondays at 10 p.m. beginning Feb. 6, 2012 -- the day after the Super Bowl. Both will be showing off the singing chops, performing on their respective episodes.
Jonas is set to play Lyle West, a television sitcom star who began his career as a child actor in a Broadway production written by Tom (Christian Borle) and directed by Derek (Jack Davenport). Peters will appear as Leigh Conroy, Ivy's (Megan Hilty) Tony-winning mom who lives through her daughter.
The Universal Television production follows the making of a Broadway musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe. Debra Messing, Katharine McPhee, Anjelica Huston, Brian D'Arcy James, Jaime Cepero and Raza Jaffrey round out the ensemble.
Smash will air after The Voice on Monday nights.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR