Nick Jonas to Co-Star in DirecTV's MMA Drama 'Navy St.'
"The Glades" alum Kiele Sanchez has also boarded the drama from Byron Balasco.
Nick Jonas is returning to the small screen full time.
The singer-actor and The Glades alum Kiele Sanchez have nabbed co-starring roles in DirecTV's family MMA drama Navy St., The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
From Endemol Studios, Navy St. is a gritty drama set against the backdrop of a mixed martial arts gym in Venice, Calif., named Navy Street run by Alvey Henderson (Captain America's Frank Grillo), a former fighter whose drug addiction prevented him from making it big.
Jonas will play Nate Henderson, Alvey's youngest son who is his father's pride and joy. Nate is a shy kid who receives a UFC contract. The character lives with his brother Jay, whose struggle with addiction has an impact on Nate. Parenthood's Jonathan Tucker co-stars as Alvey's oldest son, Jay.
Sanchez will play Lisa Prince, Alvey's long-time girlfriend. The role marks the actress' first TV gig following her four-season run on the A&E drama. Repped by ICM Partners, Industry Entertainment and Hirsch Wallerstein, her credits also include Samantha Who, Lost and Related.
For Jonas, the role marks his latest small-screen gig following guest spots on CBS' Hawaii Five-O, NBC's Smash as well as Last Man Standing and The Lying Game. It's his first regular role since Disney Channel's Jonas. His credits include Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, the Camp Rock movies as well as docuseries Married to Jonas.
The Jonas Brothers recently announced that the band would be breaking up following a "deep, creative rift" among the group after their concert tour was canceled last year.
Navy St. was created by Detroit 1-8-7's Byron Balasco. DirecTV picked up the drama with a 10-episode straight-to-series commitment last year. The series will be DirecTV's third original drama, joining Rogue and Full Circle. Navy St. will begin production May 5 in Los Angeles and bow on DirecTV's Audience Network in the fall.
Jonas, who also starred on Broadway's How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, is repped by CAA, The Jonas Group and Schreck Rose.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)