Nicki Minaj Talks Her Responsibility to Young Fans and a Five-Year Plan (Video)
In an appearance on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” the rapper also performs “Right By My Side” and “Starships.”
Nicki Minaj may spit some pretty explicit rhymes on her latest album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, but the 29-year-old rapper still feels a responsibility to her give her “little ladybugs” -- or young fans – some words of wisdom.
In her Thursday appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Minaj addresses her role model status and why she doesn’t feel responsible for exposing kids to her often NSFW lyrics.
“You know what, I don’t really think I have to deal with it,” she says. “I’m not their parents… I can only give advice and you guys know I always give my young little ladybugs my most precious advice, which is to stay a child. Don’t rush to grow up.”
“You know the good thing about my album is we always make it in a clean version,” Minaj added.
Though she may not be a parent now, Minaj tells DeGeneres that she does hope to have children of her own in the not-too-distant future.
“Maybe I’ll be having a baby,” she says of her five-year plan. Teased by DeGeneres to “Do it here,” Minaj jokes: “I would love to give birth on your show.”
See a clip of Minaj’s appearance in the video below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack