Nigel Lythgoe, CW in Talks for Family Singing Competition Series
The prolific reality TV producer is also in negotiations to with Dick Clark Productions to board the potential series as a production partner.
Nigel Lythgoe could be just the man the CW wanted.
The prolific reality television producer whose credits include American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance, is in talks with the CW to bring a singing competition to the youth-oriented network, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by TV Guide, Lythgoe’s potential series would revolve around finding the next big family singing group in the vein of The Partridge Family.
Lythgoe’s Nigel Lythgoe Productions would produce, with talks under way to bring Dance’s Dick Clark Productions into the fold as a production partner on the project.
CW president Mark Pedowitz said earlier this month at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour that he was in negotiations for a vocal reality series to add to the schedule, and Lythgoe’s project could be just what the network topper had in mind as the network continues to expand its younger, female-skewing audience.
Lythgoe is also producing Secret Fortune, a game show at CBS with Donny Osmond attached as host.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR