'Nikki & Sara Live': Katie Couric Surprises MTV's Late-Night Ladies With Renewal News (Video)
The network is aiming for a mid-summer premiere for the next iteration of its live talk show.
MTV’s late-night talk show Nikki & Sara, hosted by comedians Nikki Glaser and Sara Schaefer, has been renewed for a second season.
The pair learned about the renewal from Katie Couric, who surprised the funny ladies during the filming of her daytime talk show, Katie.
Schaefer questioned Couric saying, “This isn't fake?" An astounded Glaser added, "I need to text my mom!”
MTV is aiming for a mid-summer premiere for the show's 12-episode sophomore season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Nikki & Sara Live is a weekly mash-up of pre-recorded sketches, man-on-the-street segments, pop-culture analysis and celebrity interviews. In its debut season, Glaser and Schaefer interviewed a wide-range of celebrities including Community actress Allison Brie and American Idol champ Phillip Phillips.
Glasser first gained notoriety as a contestant on 2006’s Last Comic Standing, and has since been featured on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and CONAN. Prior to Nikki & Sara, Schaefer was the head blogger for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, for which she won two Emmy Awards for Creative Achievement in Interactive Media.
Since 2011, the comedians also co-host a popular podcast, You Had To Be There.
Nikki & Sara Live airs Tuesdays at 11 p.m. ET.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR