'Nurse Jackie' Admits 'Good Wife' Alum for Season-Long Arc (Exclusive)
Betty Gilpin will play a sexy first-year resident at All Saints on the fifth season of the Showtime dramedy.
All Saints is getting some new blood.
The Good Wife alum Betty Gilpinhas booked a season-long guest arc on the fifth season of the Showtime dramedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The character actress, whose résumé includes episodes of Law & Order: SVU, Medium and Fringe, will play Dr. Carrie Roman, a sexy first-year resident on the Edie Falco starrer.
During the fourth-season finale, Falco's titular character was fired after going rogue in the absence of her demanding boss Mike Cruz (Bobby Cannavale) following the death of his son, Charlie (Jake Cannavale).
Whether the elder Cannavale, now guest starring on HBO's Boardwalk Empire, will return for the upcoming season remains to be determined.
The casting marks the latest addition for season five of Jackie, with new showrunner Clyde Phillips (Dexter) coming aboard to replace creators Linda Wallem and Liz Brixius, who parted ways with the show in April.
Jackie, which completed its fourth season in June, faced major changes last year when Jackie for the first time on the series was substance free.
Gilpin is repped by Gersh. Nurse Jackie begins production Oct. 9.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10