President Obama's Campaign Unveils 'Harold & Kumar' Commercial (Video)
A jaded Kal Penn and John Cho star alongside the commander-in-chief in a new DNC spot.
As the Democratic National Convention rolls out in Charlotte, Barack Obama's campaign is targeting a super-niche sector of the youth voting bloc: Harold & Kumar fans.
A new ad features Kal Penn and John Cho of the comedy franchise sitting on a couch and watching TV -- surrounded by cheetos, half-eaten pizza and orange soda -- while Penn receives an important call from President Obama.
Penn, who worked in the Obama Administration as a liaison between the White House and Asian communities, will host "Live From Charlotte," a web-only DNC special on Thursday night. Programming will include interviews with campaign officials and special guests such as Elizabeth Banks, Aisha Tyler, Olivia Wilde, Fran Drescher and Zach Braff.
"Hey, this is Barack. Listen, I need to know if you're on board ... Because I'm counting on you. Everybody is," the commander-in-chief intones.
When Penn hangs up, Cho asks: "Who is that? Sounded intense."
Penn, unfazed and focused on the television, deadpans: "The president." To which Cho responds: "Sweet."
Check out the clip below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'