Obamas to Make Joint Appearance on 'The View'
The episode will tape Sept. 24 and will air the following day.
President Barack Obama and wife Michelle Obama are heading to The View for their first joint appearance on the ABC talker.
The Obamas will chat with co-hosts Barbara Walters, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Sherri Shepherd as part of The View's "Red, White & View" campaign, centered on political guests and topics on Sept. 25.
“We are honored to host President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama on The View,” said Walters. “Although each of them has appeared several times on the program, this first joint appearance marks a significant milestone."
The Obamas' appearance will be taped Sept. 24 and will center on their relationship, family life inside the White House and the upcoming presidential election.
President Obama first visited The View in July 2010, marking the show's most-watched broadcast with nearly 6.6 million viewers, and was the first time a current U.S. president visited a daytime talker. Next week's appearance marks the president's fifth and Michelle Obama's fourth.
President Obama recently appeared on CBS' Late Show With David Letterman, driving ratings for the late-night talker to a two-year high.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game