Obamas to Make Joint Appearance on 'The View'
The episode will tape Sept. 24 and will air the following day.
President Barack Obama and wife Michelle Obama are heading to The View for their first joint appearance on the ABC talker.
The Obamas will chat with co-hosts Barbara Walters, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Sherri Shepherd as part of The View's "Red, White & View" campaign, centered on political guests and topics on Sept. 25.
“We are honored to host President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama on The View,” said Walters. “Although each of them has appeared several times on the program, this first joint appearance marks a significant milestone."
The Obamas' appearance will be taped Sept. 24 and will center on their relationship, family life inside the White House and the upcoming presidential election.
President Obama first visited The View in July 2010, marking the show's most-watched broadcast with nearly 6.6 million viewers, and was the first time a current U.S. president visited a daytime talker. Next week's appearance marks the president's fifth and Michelle Obama's fourth.
President Obama recently appeared on CBS' Late Show With David Letterman, driving ratings for the late-night talker to a two-year high.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)