'The Office' Series Finale Date Set
The one-hour swan song will air Thursday, May 16 on NBC.
NBC has set the series finale date for The Office.
The one-hour send-off, which will also include the 200th episode, will air Thursday, May 16 at 9 p.m.
The Office boss Greg Daniels told reporters that the series' endgame began playing out in the Jan. 24 episode. "[It's] the beginning of the end when we start to see what's going on with this documentary -- you'll see behind the scenes and who's involved," he said at the time.
Familiar faces will be back in the ninth and final season, though it is unlikely Steve Carell will return. Expect B.J. Novak, Mindy Kaling and Zach Woods to reprise their roles before The Office says goodbye for good.
The Office is executive produced by Daniels, Ben Silverman, Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, Howard Klein, Paul Lieberstein, Brent Forrester and Dan Sterling.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR