'The Office' Spinoff Casts Dwight's Brother
Thomas Middleditch will play Jeb in the potential Rainn Wilson spinoff "The Farm."
The Office has cast Dwight's brother, Jeb.
College Humor breakout Thomas Middleditch will play Jeb Schrute, a happy-go-lucky guy who's excited but not capable, motivated but lacking follow through in the potential Office spinoff The Farm, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The project centers on Dwight (Rainn Wilson) as a beet farmer running a bed and breakfast inn and is being approached as a potential back-door pilot slated to run as an episode of the long-running NBC series in the fall.
Middleditch joins Majandra Delfino (Roswell) as Dwight's younger sister, Frannie, and Blake Garrett as his nephew, Cameron.
While Jeb has tried several different career paths -- worm farmer, Bigfoot hunter, Army farmer and now running a successful pot farm in Northern California -- he lacks Dwight's sense of principle, hierarchy and work ethic. He's also said to have made his own exercise video of things you can do with a knife and canoe (naturally!).
Should the Farm be ordered to series, Middleditch would be a series regular.
Repped by WME, Kirsten Ames Management and Schreck Rose, Upright Citizen's Brigade alum Middleditch's credits also include features The Campaign and Beavis and Butt-Head.
The Office will end its run following its upcoming ninth season. The Office returns at 9 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 20, on NBC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR