'The Office's' Ellie Kemper To Star in NBC's Peter Tolan Comedy Pilot
Kemper will star in the past and present comedy about a chubby, awkward and incredibly confident 13-year-old who grew up to be a 31-year-old woman who still marches to the beat of her own drum.
Ellie Kemper has landed her post-Office gig.
The sitcom star has been tapped to star in NBC’s Brenda Forever, a comedy centered on stories from Brenda Miller's past and present, which are interwoven to give a unique portrait of how a chubby, awkward, but incredibly confident 13-year-old grew up to be a 31-year-old woman who still marches to the beat of her own drum.
David Lampson and Andrew Leeds, who co-wrote NBC’s Rex is Not Your Lawyer pilot in 2010, are set to write and executive produce the pilot, which is based on a spec script that the network nabbed following a bidding war with Fox. Rescue Me’s Peter Tolan and Michael Wimer (2012) will join them as EPs on the single-camera effort from Sony Pictures TV and Tolan and Wimer’s Fedora Entertainment.
Kemper, who appeared in a string of recent movies from 21 Jump Street to Bridesmaids, has been among this season’s more coveted actresses. She is repped by WME and Mosaic.
Kemper is the second former Office star to land a pilot Wednesday; David Denman booked a key role on CBS' Beverly Hills Cop reboot at CBS.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR