Official: Chord Overstreet Returns to 'Glee' in December
He'll come back to McKinley High in time for sectionals.
It's official: Chord Overstreet will reprise his role as Sam Evans in Glee for a multi-episode arc this December, Fox confirmed Monday. The Hollywood Reporter confirmed he was in talks to return to the show last week.
“We love Chord and have always said that we wanted him back,” says Ryan Murphy in a statement. “So here's an early Christmas present for all the Gleeks—Sam is coming back to McKinley, and just in time for sectionals!”
PHOTOS: ‘Glee’ Season 3 Back to School Pictures Released
"I had the best time on Glee and couldn't be more excited to be returning,” Overstreet added.
The actor parted ways with the series last season after seeing co-stars Darren Criss (Blaine) and Harry Shum Jr. (Mike) promoted to series regulars. On the show, his character moved out of state after his father lost his job.
The show returns to Fox with new episodes beginning Nov. 1 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Glee is produced by Ryan Murphy Television in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan are co-creators of the series. Murphy, Falchuk, Brennan and Dante Di Loreto serve as executive producers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR