Olivia Munn Boards 'New Girl' for Multi-Episode Arc as Nick's New Girlfriend
The "Newsroom" actress will spend her break from the HBO series with an arc on the Fox comedy.
The New Girl loft is starting to look a little crowded.
Following the recent casting of Carla Gugino as a romantic prospect for Schmidt (Max Greenfield), the Fox comedy has tapped a recurring girlfriend from Nick (Jake Johnson).
A Fox rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Olivia Munn is set to appear on several episodes of New Girl's sophomore season as Angie. And this love interest, unlike Nick's previous girlfriend Julia (Lizzy Caplan), gels well with the group. Her first episode will likely air in November.
Angie obviously won't stick around New Girl for long, though. Munn is returning to the second season of HBO's Newsroom when the series resumes production.
Munn, who also starred in NBC's short-lived Perfect Couples, is repped by CAA and Mosaic.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game