Olivia Munn Boards 'New Girl' for Multi-Episode Arc as Nick's New Girlfriend
The "Newsroom" actress will spend her break from the HBO series with an arc on the Fox comedy.
The New Girl loft is starting to look a little crowded.
Following the recent casting of Carla Gugino as a romantic prospect for Schmidt (Max Greenfield), the Fox comedy has tapped a recurring girlfriend from Nick (Jake Johnson).
A Fox rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Olivia Munn is set to appear on several episodes of New Girl's sophomore season as Angie. And this love interest, unlike Nick's previous girlfriend Julia (Lizzy Caplan), gels well with the group. Her first episode will likely air in November.
Angie obviously won't stick around New Girl for long, though. Munn is returning to the second season of HBO's Newsroom when the series resumes production.
Munn, who also starred in NBC's short-lived Perfect Couples, is repped by CAA and Mosaic.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR