TV Ratings: 29.6 Million Tune Into Final Women's Gymnastics Competition
As one of the Summer Games' perennial big draws comes to an end, Aly Raisman helps drive NBC's Olympic numbers up on Tuesday night.
After a few days of setbacks, the U.S. women's gymnastics team ended their visit to London on a high note with a gold and bronze medal for captain Aly Raisman. The night also brought in strong numbers for NBC, up double digits over the same night at the Beijing Games, with fast affiliate ratings awarding 29.6 million viewers and a 9.3 rating among adults 18-49 for the broadcast.
Univision pulled a 1.4 rating among adults 18-49 and 3.7 million viewers for a second place finish, while none of the other broadcast networks broke a 1.0 adults rating.
With encores on both networks, Fox and CBS shared third place with a 0.9 rating among 18-49-ers. CBS dramas averaged 5.5 million viewers, while Fox's MasterChef block brought in 2.4 million.
ABC pulled a 0.8 adults rating and 2.5 million viewers for the night. A new outing of NY Med (up 17 percent for a 0.7 rating with 18-49-ers, followed comedy encores.
A new episode of The CW's L.A. Complex hit a new low, earning jut a 0.1 rating among adults 18-49 at 9 p.m.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR