Olympics 2012: London Mayor Boris Johnson Busts a Move to the Spice Girls (Video)
Nobody had a better time at Sunday's closing ceremony.
London mayor Boris Johnson is the Olympics closing ceremony's equivalent of an eccentric uncle let loose on the dance floor at a wedding.
The politician, a big, brash personality and "militant cyclist" who likes to ride his bike around the city, was caught dancing to the Spice Girls' performance on Sunday night, flailing his arms to the beat of the girl group's "Spice Up Your Life" and "Wannabe."
Among the other performers at ex-ballet dancer Kim Gavin's epic three-hour closer: George Michael, The Who, Queen, Jessie J and boy banders One Direction. Meanwhile, Russell Brand covered the Beatles, and a rapt Prince Harry sat in the stands alongside Kate Middleton.
At a press conference Monday, Johnson said theater ticket spending, hotel occupancy and public transportation passengers were all up during the London games. He also reflected upon his emotions when he had to hand over the Olympic flag to Jacques Rogge, president of the International Olympic Committee, at Sunday's event.
"I did feel a momentary mad desire last night not to give Jacques Rogge that flag," he quipped. "I almost yanked it back."
Watch the mayor bust a move below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR