TV Ratings: NBC's London Olympics Coverage Outpaces Beijing for Sixth Night in a Row
Driven by men's gymnastics, Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh's beach volleyball and more of Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte's rivalry, fast affiliate numbers give Wednesday night's broadcast 30.6 million viewers.
Down from previous weeknight broadcasts but still up from Beijing, NBC's Olympic coverage from Wednesday night brought in 30.6 million viewers and a 9.7 rating among adults 18-49. The fast affiliate ratings are up three percent from the demo score achieved four years ago, contributing to current seven percent boost overall among adults 18-49. Overall viewership is up 13 percent.
Wednesday's big events included preliminary competition among men's gymnasts, women's beach volleyball and swimming.
Univision continues to enjoy its second place demo ranking during the Olympics. The network averaged a 1.4 rating with adults 18-49.
A new episode of Big Brother was down just five percent on CBS. The one-hour episode, followed by encores of Criminal Minds and CSI, earned a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49. CBS averaged a 1.3 adults rating and 4.6 million viewers for the night.
ABC also aired encores, with the exception of a new Final Witness outing at 10 p.m. The broadcast earned a 0.7 rating among adults 18-49, a tenth of a point behind the network's demo average for the night. ABC brought in an average audience of 2.8 million viewers.
So You Think You Can Dance, in repeats for the duration of the Olympics, averaged a 0.7 rating among 18-49-ers and 2.1 million viewers.
Encores of Supernatural averaged a 0.3 adults rating on The CW, with 933,000 viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack