Ryan Lochte Dives Into '90210' Guest Gig
The 11-time Olympic medalist has booked his first TV series appearance in an October episode of The CW drama.
Ryan Lochte is going from the Olympic pool to a pool of drama.
The 11-time Olympic medalist will make his TV series debut in an October episode of the CW's youth-skewing drama 90210, the network announced Tuesday.
Swimmer Lochte, fresh off his five-medal haul in London, will cameo as himself in the Oct. 29 episode when pops up at a resort where Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) and Max (Josh Zuckerman) are staying to strengthen their relationship.
"When we found out Ryan Lochte was going to be in town and might appear on 90210, we felt like we'd won a gold medal!” executive producers Patti Carr and Lara Olsen said in a joint statement announcing the news. 'Team USA are all-stars in our book, and we're so excited he's making an appearance on the show. We only wish the episode was a surf event so we could have gotten him in the water, but he deserves a little rest on dry land."
The casting comes as Lochte is gaining attention from reality series including Dancing With the Stars and The Bachelor.
"I'm definitely looking toward Dancing With the Stars and The Bachelor, so we'll see what happens,” he said during a recent interview with NBC's Today, adding that he plans to move to Los Angeles and work on a fashion line. A rep for ABC would not comment on casting for The Bachelor.
Lochte is repped by sports agent Erika Wright and manager Shawn Zenga.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR