'Once Upon a Time' Casts JoAnna Garcia as Little Mermaid
The "Reba" alum will recur on season three of the ABC fairy tale drama.
The search is over for Once Upon a Time's Little Mermaid.
JoAnna Garcia has landed the role of the Disney princess in the upcoming third season, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
For now, Garcia is expected to appear in two episodes. TV Guide Magazine first reported the news.
It was revealed at Comic-Con that the Little Mermaid would be making an appearance in the new season, which kicks off Sept. 29, with a teaser revealing Ariel/Little Mermaid. As is ordinary practice on the ABC fairy tale drama, expect the Little Mermaid to have a slight twist from the 1989 animated feature classic.
Garcia's casting comes weeks after Once Upon a Time cast Rose McIver in the role of Tinker Bell, with executive producer Adam Horowitz hinting that she will have a "surprising connection" to a main character.
Garcia, repped by WME and John Carrabino Management, most recently starred in NBC's short-lived comedy Animal Practice and was a regular on The WB's Reba. She has also recently recurred on Royal Pains and starred in ABC's Better With You.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game