'Once Upon a Time': Rose McGowan to Play Young Cora
She will guest star in one episode of the ABC fairy tale drama.
Once Upon a Time is heading even further back in time.
In an upcoming season-two origin episode, ABC's fairy-tale drama has booked Charmed alum Rose McGowan to portray a younger version of Regina's evil mother, Cora (Barbara Hershey), The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The origin episode, airing next year, will center on Cora.
Once Upon a Time has jumped back in time during the course of two seasons, with flashbacks to its fairy-tale world to explain the backstories of the Storybrooke characters.
Repped by APA and Untitled Entertainment, McGowan has appeared in Nip/Tuck and 2011's Conan the Barbarian.
Earlier this month, it was announced that Once Upon a Time would be one of the TV shows taking part in next year's PaleyFest.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)