'Once Upon a Time': Rose McGowan to Play Young Cora
She will guest star in one episode of the ABC fairy tale drama.
Once Upon a Time is heading even further back in time.
In an upcoming season-two origin episode, ABC's fairy-tale drama has booked Charmed alum Rose McGowan to portray a younger version of Regina's evil mother, Cora (Barbara Hershey), The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The origin episode, airing next year, will center on Cora.
Once Upon a Time has jumped back in time during the course of two seasons, with flashbacks to its fairy-tale world to explain the backstories of the Storybrooke characters.
Repped by APA and Untitled Entertainment, McGowan has appeared in Nip/Tuck and 2011's Conan the Barbarian.
Earlier this month, it was announced that Once Upon a Time would be one of the TV shows taking part in next year's PaleyFest.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game