'Once Upon a Time' Finds Its Tinker Bell
Rose McIver has been cast as the iconic character in season three of the ABC drama.
Once Upon a Time has found its Tinker Bell.
Rose McIver, who will appear in Showtime's upcoming Masters of Sex, has landed the pivotal season three role on the ABC fairy tale drama, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
The New Zealand actress will appear in the new season — which will kick off in Neverland — in a recurring capacity, dropping by for multiple episodes.
Though details are being kept close to the vest, executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis indicated during Once's Comic-Con panel on July 20 that Tinker Bell will have a "surprising connection" to one of the main characters on the show when she is introduced.
McIver, repped by CAA, Sue Barnett & Associates, Johnson and Laird Management and Magnolia, appeared in 2009's The Lovely Bones.
It was also revealed at Comic-Con that season three of Once will welcome Ariel, the Little Mermaid.
Once Upon a Time premieres Sept. 29 at 8 p.m. on ABC.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)