'Once Upon a Time' Casts 'Hangover' Star as Mulan
Jamie Chung has landed the role on the ABC fairy tale drama for season two.
Once Upon a Time is adding to its arsenal of fairy tale characters.
The Hangover Part II star Jamie Chung has been cast in a recurring role for the ABC fantasy drama's second season, The Hollywood Reporter confirms. Her role? The Chinese warrior Mulan.
Disney adapted Mulan's story into a big-screen animated musical in 1998 with ER alum Ming-Na voicing the title character. In the film, Mulan secretly fights in the army in her father's place to save him from death.
The legend of Mulan began in an ancient Chinese poem titled "The Ballad of Mulan."
Chung recently starred in Sucker Punch, Eden and will appear in Knife Fight, 7500 and The Man With the Iron Fists.
Once Upon a Time will appear at Comic-Con on Saturday, July 14 at 11 a.m. with exec producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz and cast members Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas, Lana Parilla, Meghan Ory and Emilie de Ravin.
EW first reported the news.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR