'Once Upon a Time': 'Tudors' Actress Sarah Bolger Joins Season 2
The actress will play Sleeping Beauty in the upcoming new season.
It's a busy day over in Storybrooke.
Hours after news broke that The Hangover Part II actress Jamie Chung would be joining Once Upon a Time, The Tudors actress Sarah Bolger has booked a key role on ABC's fairy tale drama.
Bolger will take on the recurring part of Sleeping Beauty (aka Princess Aurora) for the second season, The Hollywood Reporter confirms. Details for the episode she will first be seen were not given.
In fairy tale lore, Princess Aurora was put into a deep sleep when she touched the spindle of Maleficent's spinning wheel and pricked her finger. She was brought back to life by the kiss of a handsome prince. In Once Upon a Time, True Blood's Kristin Bauer van Straten played the role of Maleficent.
Disney released an animated movie in 1959 centered on the Sleeping Beauty tale.
Bolger is best known for starring as Mary in Showtime's The Tudors. She starred in the ABC pilot Gilded Lilys from Shonda Rhimes and has several movies in the pipeline including Kiss Me, the 2013 film from driector Jeff Probst.
TVLine first reported the news.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)