Oprah Winfrey's 'Next Chapter' Climbs 45 Percent, Gives OWN a Ratings Record
Following the previous week's two-hour debut with Steven Tyler, Winfrey's interview with pastor Joel Osteen hits 1.6 million viewers.
Oprah's Next Chapter proved a better read the second time around. After posting 1.1 million viewers during its Jan. 1 premiere, the follow-up episode of Winfrey's sit-down interview series nabbed a network record of 1.6 million this week.
According to affiliate ratings, Winfrey's interview with pastor Joel Osteen, filmed in his Houston, Texas, home, brought in an audience of 1.6 million during its Sunday night broadcast. It marks a 45 percent growth from the series premiere, and now holds the network record of being the most-watched broadcast since its 2011 launch.
Next Chapter also improved among the network's favored women 25-54 demographic, adding 18 percent from the previous episode for a 1.3 rating. The series also built on its audience in the second half hour, growing from 1.5 million to 1.6 million.
The premiere of Oprah's Master Class, highlighting actress Jane Fonda, followed Next Chapter to similarly strong numbers. It retained 930,000 members of its audience, a series high. It also brought in a .69 among women 25-54.
Against the rest of ad-supported cable nets, Oprah's Next Chapter ranked #3 in its time period, with Master Class following at #8 in its own.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)