'Oprah's Next Chapter' Expands to Second Night After Recent Rebound
With more competition entering its Sunday timeslot, an additional hour of the interview series will air on Monday nights through February.
OWN is doubling up on Oprah's Next Chapter.
After bowing with a two-hour premiere and settling into one-hour outings, the CEO's new interview series will screen upcoming outings in two separated hours.
Starting Jan. 29, with a trip to Haiti to chronicle actor Sean Penn's humanitarian efforts, Oprah's Next Chapter will air on Sunday nights at 9:00 p.m. and Monday night's at 10:00 p.m.
The move comes as Next Chapter saw a ratings rebound with the Jan. 23 episode, following a steep drop the week prior. Hitting highs with the Jan. 8 interview with pastor Joel Osteen (1.6 million, a network record), the series has averaged 924,000 total viewers in its first month on the air. This past Sunday's visit Star Wars creator George Lucas's Skywalker Ranch brought in audience of 557,000 (up from 501,000 the week prior).
Recent Sundays have presented the additional obstacles of football playoffs and league championships and the 2012 broadcast of the Golden Globes.
Other interviews scheduled for two parts include Winfrey's Feb. 12/13 visit to Brooklyn's Hasidic Jewish communities and a Feb. 19/20 interview with motivational speaker Tony Robbins.
Paula Deen and Deepak Chopra are also on deck as subjects for the freshman run.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)