'Orange Is the New Black's' Laverne Cox to Guest Star on Bravo Series
Cox will play a Pulitzer Prize-winning war journalist and LGBT activist in "Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce."
Laverne Cox has landed a guest spot.
The Orange Is the New Black actress will be featured in Bravo’s first original scripted series Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce, the network announced Tuesday.
She’ll play Adele Northrop, a war journalist and LGBT activist who appears to present an award at a marriage equality gala.
PHOTOS Summer TV Preview
The upcoming series, based on the books by Vicki Iovine, centers on Abby (House alum Lisa Edelstein), a self-help author hiding her failed marriage with her husband, Jake (Private Practice’s Paul Adelstein).
Cox is best known for her current role in Netflix’s Orange Is the New Black as an incarcerated African-American, transgender woman. Her past television credits include TRANSForm Me, Law and Order, Law and Order: SVU, Bored to Death and I Wanna Work for Diddy. She recently was featured on the cover on Time magazine.
Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce will premiere on Bravo later this year.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)