'The Originals' Producer Promises 'Vampire Diaries' Crossover Will 'Shake Things Up'
"The one thing that Tyler does offer in his presence as he sets foot in this world is answers and more information," creator Julie Plec said of the upcoming crossover with Michael Trevino.
Executive producer Julie Plec has made it known that the worlds between The Vampire Diaries and The Originals spinoff are interwoven, so expect to see another familiar face make the trek from Mystic Falls to the French Quarter.
Michael Trevino, who plays the werewolf Tyler, was last seen breaking things off with Caroline (Candice Accola) on The Vampire Diaries, declaring that his mission -- at least right now -- was to make Klaus' life (Joseph Morgan) a living nightmare. When Tyler enters The Originals, his appearance will likely trigger a storyline with fellow werewolf Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin), pregnant with Klaus' baby.
"The crossover is happening very soon," Plec told a handful of reporters Monday afternoon following a screening, adding that she was "fairly certain" viewers will see him before November is over. "It will answer a couple of questions, one of which is answering the first piece of the mystery of the protective wolf."
Co-executive producer Michael Narducci added: "It also will introduce a lot more questions. A lot of things will come out of the crossover that are going to shake things up among the core group dynamic of the Original family and there will be a whole storyline that will come out of where that crossover leads them geographically and where it leads them when they're there. There's a lot of stuff that's about to be introduced."
Is there a geographic relocation? "It's not what it sounds like, it's not like they head back to Mystic Falls," Plec assured, debunking a theory that may arise.
As Plec explained it, the Tyler crossover sheds more light on Hayley's continued mission to uncover her origins.
"One of the big things that Hayley has been asking herself quietly, and the whole thing that brought her to New Orleans in the first place, was trying to get answers about what bloodline she came from, what the mystery of this mark on her shoulder means," Plec said. "The one thing that Tyler does offer in his presence as he sets foot in this world is answers and more information. He takes her to a place out in the bayou where she's going to start to understand a little bit of where she comes from."
The Originals airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on The CW.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera