Ellen DeGeneres Announces Live Post-Oscars Show
The talk show host -- who also is hosting the Oscars ceremony — said Thursday that "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" will air live the day after the awards.
Ellen DeGeneres is ready to go live.
The talk show host, who also is hosting this year's Oscars ceremony on March 2, said Thursday that The Ellen DeGeneres Show will air live the day after the awards.
"That means when you see me on the Oscars on Sunday night, you're gonna be like, 'I wonder what she was thinking when that person did that thing?' or 'What does Meryl Streep smell like, really?' and I can tell you the next day," she told her audience.
DeGeneres noted that the show has previously aired live twice in 11 seasons. The first time was an Oscars episode in February 2007; the second was an Emmys-themed show in September 2011.
She added: "I will be delirious from staying up all night long. Not really sure what condition I'll be in. I may be in my pajamas. I sleep naked."
As for her Oscars attire, she joked: "I haven’t picked out my gown yet, cause I'm not gonna wear one."
The 86th Academy Awards are set to air live March 2 on ABC. The Ellen DeGeneres Show airs weekdays.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack