'Outlander': Get a First Look at Starz's Diana Gabaldon Adaptation (Photo)
The premium cable network has released the first image of Scottish actor Sam Heughan as Jamie Fraser in the Ron Moore adaptation.
Starz has opened the door to Outlander.
The premium cable network has released the first image (above) from its upcoming high-profile adaptation of Diana Gabaldon's best-selling novels.
The Ron Moore (Battlestar Galactica) drama stars Scottish actor Sam Heughan as Fraser, who strikes up a passionate affair with Claire Randall (Caitriona Balfe), a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743 and thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. Claire is pulled between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.
The drama is currently filming on location in Scotland and will air on Starz in 2014. Moore will write the first two episodes and executive produce alongside Jim Kohlberg. The drama hails from Sony Pictures Television and is produced by Tall Ship Productions, Story Mining & Supply Co. and Left Bank Pictures. Starz picked up the drama in June with a 16-episode order. John Dahl (Dexter, Breaking Bad) will direct.
What do you think of Heughan as Fraser? Are you intrigued? Hit the comments below with your thoughts.
- Judd Apatow Reveals His Penis Rule and Talks About 'Girls' Sex Scenes Banned by HBO
- New Photos From Kurt Cobain Suicide Released by Seattle Police
- Multiple 'Game of Thrones' Movies Eyed by George R.R. Martin
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR