Starz's 'Outlander' Gets First Poster, Premiere Date
The series, based on the popular Diana Gabaldon novels, will launch in August.
Starz has set a launch date for the anticipated epic drama Outlander.
Based on the popular Diana Gabaldon book series, Outlander hits TV screens on Saturday, Aug. 9, at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The 16-episode series from executive producer Ron Moore (Battlestar Galactica) is currently in production in Scotland.
Additionally, the premium cable network has unveiled its first official poster, with the tagline "What if your future was the past?" embracing the central love triangle that finds Claire (Caitriona Balfe) caught between her husband, Frank Randall (Tobias Menzies), and the warrior Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan).
Outlander revolves around Jamie, who ignites a passionate affair with Claire, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743 and thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. Claire is pulled between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.
The news comes nearly a week after Starz released a new trailer detailing Claire's time-traveling dilemma.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)