Oprah Winfrey's Kardashian Sit-Down Brings Bigger Ratings in Second Week
The OWN founder continues to increase her face time on the young network as high-profile interviews -- Sunday's "Next Chapter" was OWN's third most-watched broadcast ever -- help boost quarterly numbers.
Kim Kardashian brought in a bigger audience the second time around on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
Sunday's second installment of the Oprah's Next Chapter sit-down with the entire Kardashian clan managed to grow 9 percent among total viewers, bringing in 1.2 million viewers. Without the heavy competition of the first week -- which aired against broadcast network's NBA and PGA coverage -- part two now ranks as the third most-watched broadcast in OWN history and earned high marks in all key female demos.
It sits just behind the Oprah's Next Chapter interview with Joel Osteen (1.6 million) and the network's exclusive with the family of the late Whitney Houston (3.5 million).
Winfrey, who debuted Next Chapter on Jan. 1 of this year, has seen ratings on her young cable network grow significantly since upping her presence after struggling in its freshman year. (Other recent Next Chapter outings included segments with Carrie Underwood, Neil Patrick Harris Paris Jackson and 50 Cent.)
And though the moves can also be attributed to new syndicated content during the daytime hours, the network just posted its second consecutive quarter of double digit growth. Compared to the same period in 2011, primetime is up 11 percent in total viewers to 283,000 (10 percent among women 25-54 to a .22 rating), while daily viewers are up 31 percent to 179,000, with a 25 percent jump to a .15 score in the demo.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10