OWN's 'Finding Sarah' Finds an Audience
The Sarah Ferguson reality series attracts more than a million viewers over two airings on a competitive Sunday night.
OWN’s Finding Sarah – a docudrama about the redemption of Sarah Ferguson, erstwhile member of the British Royal Family – premiered to solid numbers on Sunday night.
At 9 p.m. the series pulled in a .38 rating in OWN’s target demographic of women 25-54 with 616,000 viewers overall. That marks a 41 percent demo increase year-to-year when the network was Discovery Health and triple digit growth in the time period compared to the previous four weeks with reruns of Shania Twain’s Why Not?
There was plenty of competition last Sunday night most notably the final game of the NBA championship, which pulled a whopping 7.2 rating among women 25-54 (with more than 23 million viewers overall).
Finding Sarah was on par with the premiere of Lisa Ling’s Our America, which averaged a .41 rating in the demo but below The Judds (.56 rating) and Why Not? (.80 rating).
Interestingly, the demo rating for Finding Sarah’s 11 p.m. rerun – when the basketball game had concluded – was comparable to the premiere at a .37 rating. The 9 and 11 p.m. airings reached 1.04 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing