Paget Brewster Departing 'Criminal Minds' at Season's End
After seven seasons, and her character's faked death, the actress is making a final break from the CBS series.
Paget Brewster is leaving Criminal Minds -- and this time, it's permanent.
The 42-year-old actress took a temporary break from the hit procedural in 2011, but CBS confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that she will officially end her run at the conclusion of the current season.
Her character, Emily Prentiss, originally exited the series last year, when it was revealed she faked her death, but Brewster and co-star A.J. Cook returned as series regulars during the current season.
Criminal Minds has enjoyed a healthy audience since premiering on CBS in 2005. It's current season-to-date average hovers just over 14 million viewers.
Brewster, who joined the series in the middle of the second season, also starred in Andy Richter Controls the Universe and Showtime's Huff and started her career with a memorable arc on Friends.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Michelle Obama Hosts Women in Soul Event, President Barack Obama Flubs Spelling of Aretha Franklin's 'Respect'
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!