PaleyFest: Judd Apatow to Receive Icon Award
The "Girls" executive producer will be the second recipient of the honor.
Judd Apatow will receive the 2014 PaleyFest Icon Award.
The writer-producer-director will be honored at a March 10 event hosted by Paley Center for Media president and CEO Pat Mitchell at the Paley Center in Beverly Hills, which will serve as the 31st annual PaleyFest's kickoff.
"With events showcasing The Ben Stiller Show, The Larry Sanders Show, Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared, the Paley Center has enjoyed a long and fantastic history with Judd Apatow, who currently reigns as one of the most sought-after innovators in all media," said Mitchell in the announcement. "We look forward to honoring him as our 2014 PaleyFest Icon, and to acknowledging his incredible collective body of work, including the current blockbuster Girls."
Apatow's Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared were honored as part of PaleyFest in 2011.
This marks the second year the PaleyFest Icon Award has been given out, following last year's honoree Ryan Murphy.
PaleyFest takes place March 13-28 at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland, honoring Lost's 10th anniversary, Veronica Mars, Orange Is the New Black, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars, Parks and Recreation, Sleepy Hollow, Mad Men, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Masters of Sex, The Mindy Project, Community, Veep and American Horror Story: Coven.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR