'American Idol' Alum Lands 'Parenthood' Gig
Paul McDonald, who appeared on season 10 of the Fox competition show, will play a musician.
American Idol grad Paul McDonald is heading to NBC.
The 27-year-old singer-songwriter, who made it to the top eight on the Fox series in season 10, has been cast in returning drama Parenthood for a guest spot, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
McDonald will play a musician who puts up shop in Crosby (Dax Shepard) and Adam's (Peter Krause) recording studio, The Luncheonette, as TVLine first reported. He catches the eye of the Luncheonette's new hire, Amber (Mae Whitman).
This would be McDonald's television acting debut. Fellow Idol vet Adam Lambert snagged a plum guest spot on ABC Family's Pretty Little Liars.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR