'Parenthood': 'Buffy' Alum Lands Five-Episode Arc (Exclusive)
D.B. Woodside joins the family drama as a potential love interest for Joy Bryant's Jasmine.
Former Buffy the Vampire Slayer principal D.B. Woodside is heading to NBC’s Parenthood.
Woodside has booked a five-episode arc on the family drama as Dr. Joseph Prestidge, an Ivy League-educated doctor and potential love interest for Joy Bryant’s Jasmine, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Parenthood executive producer Jason Katims told THR that despite Crosby (Dax Shepard) and Jasmine’s seemingly happy ending at the end of Season 2, the couple’s relationship isn’t necessarily going to be smooth sailing when Season 3 picks up.
“What we find out is that things maybe didn’t work out for them quite as well as it seemed to have appeared to be going at the end of last year and there are still issues to work out in their relationship,” he said.
Woodside, whose recent credits include the CW’s Hellcats, will first appear in the third episode of the season. He’s repped by Buchwald/Fortitude, MJ Management and Hansen Jacobson.
Parenthood returns Tuesday, Sept. 13 on NBC. Check out the first promo for Season 3 below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws