'Parenthood': Jason Ritter to Return in Season 3, Teaming Up With Jason Katims for Drama
Following the cancellation of the NBC sci-fi drama The Event, Jason Ritter is heading back to familiar ground.
Ritter will reprise his role as Mark Cyr, Sarah's (Lauren Graham) love interest and Amber's (Mae Whitman) teacher, for multiple episodes in the upcoming third season of Parenthood, The Hollywood Reporter confirms. He will first appear in the season opener. (Michael B. Jordan is also set to return in a recurring capacity.)
But that's not all: The actor has teamed up with Parenthood and Friday Night Lights boss Jason Katims for an hourlong drama. The project is currently in early stages of development and details on what it entails are scarce.
Parenthood's sophomore season ended on a dramatic note, with Adam (Peter Krause) losing his job, Kristina (Monica Potter) finding out she is pregnant and Amber in the hospital after a traumatic car crash.
Production on the third season of Parenthood, which has been a consistent ratings performer, begins Monday, July 18. The series, led by Krause, returns at 10 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 13.
TVLine first reported the news.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)