'Parenthood' Lands 'Friday Night Lights' Alum for Season 4 Arc
Matt Lauria has joined the new season of the NBC family drama.
Parenthood is banking on another Friday Night Lights alum.
Matt Lauria, also of Fox's shortlived cop drama The Chicago Code, has landed a recurring role on the NBC family series, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Though details on episode count were not given, Lauria will play a soldier who has returned from Afghanistan and connects with fellow war veteran Zeek (Craig T. Nelson) in season four, as TVLine first reported.
Lauria's casting would follow in a long line of FNL grads that executive producer Jason Katims has brought over to the series, including Michael B. Jordan (Vince Howard), Minka Kelly (Lyla Garrity), Angela Rawner (Regina Howard) and Derek Phillips (Billy Riggins).
Lauria most recently appeared on USA's Burn Notice, CBS' CSI and Person of Interest and starred in Shonda Rhimes' ABC pilot Gilded Lilys.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)