'Parenthood' Lands 'Friday Night Lights' Alum for Season 4 Arc
Matt Lauria has joined the new season of the NBC family drama.
Parenthood is banking on another Friday Night Lights alum.
Matt Lauria, also of Fox's shortlived cop drama The Chicago Code, has landed a recurring role on the NBC family series, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Though details on episode count were not given, Lauria will play a soldier who has returned from Afghanistan and connects with fellow war veteran Zeek (Craig T. Nelson) in season four, as TVLine first reported.
Lauria's casting would follow in a long line of FNL grads that executive producer Jason Katims has brought over to the series, including Michael B. Jordan (Vince Howard), Minka Kelly (Lyla Garrity), Angela Rawner (Regina Howard) and Derek Phillips (Billy Riggins).
Lauria most recently appeared on USA's Burn Notice, CBS' CSI and Person of Interest and starred in Shonda Rhimes' ABC pilot Gilded Lilys.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR