'Parenthood's' Matt Lauria Headed to DirecTV's 'Navy St.' (Exclusive)
He joins a cast that includes Kiele Sanchez and Nick Jonas in the drama starring Frank Grillo.
Parenthood's Matt Lauria is headed for Navy St.
The Friday Night Lights alum has boarded the cast of DirecTV's mixed martial arts family drama Navy St., The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
From Endemol Studios, Navy St. is a gritty drama set against the backdrop of a mixed martial arts gym in Venice, Calif., called Navy Street and run by Alvey Henderson (Captain America's Frank Grillo), a former fighter whose drug addiction prevented him from making it big.
Lauria, who has recurred on NBC's Parenthood for the past two seasons, will play Ryan, the charming, intelligent, good-looking and world-class athlete who had it all -- including Alvey's new girlfriend, Lisa Prince (The Glades' Kiele Sanchez) -- until a spiraling addiction landed him in prison. But when he shows up at Alvey's gym, he's a changed man. Nick Jonas co-stars as Alvey's youngest son.
Navy St. was created by Detroit 1-8-7's Byron Balasco. DirecTV picked up the drama with a 10-episode straight-to-series commitment last year. The series will be DirecTV's third original drama, joining Rogue and Full Circle. Navy St. will begin production May 5 in Los Angeles and bow on DirecTV's Audience Network in the fall.
Lauria's other credits include The Chicago Code and Lipstick Jungle. He's repped by WME, Principal Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR