'Almost Famous' Star Patrick Fugit Lands Lead in ABC's 'Reckless'
He joins a cast that includes Eloise Mumford, Ernie Hudson, Lou Taylor Pucci and Ashton Holmes.
ABC's Reckless has found its lead guy.
Patrick Fugit, best known for his turn in 2000's Almost Famous, has landed the starring role in the drama pilot from Martin Campbell and ABC Studios, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
When his wife Sarah Harrison (Eloise Mumford) is unjustly imprisoned during a political uprising overseas, resourceful problem solver David Ritter (Fugit) desperately pursues every legal option to secure her release. But when he's stymied by the U.S. government in the name of diplomacy, David is forced to consider less-than-legal options -- entering a world of political intrigue, dangerous alliances and high emotional stakes.
David is described as good-looking, pleasant, kind and a bit guarded. His methodical and meticulous manner serves him well as an engineer at a high-end manufacturing facility that turns out precision components for aircraft engines.
In addition to Mumford, Fugit joins a cast that includes Ernie Hudson, Lou Taylor Pucci and Ashton Holmes. Chris Black will write and executive produce, along with Campbell and Lucienne Papon. Campbell will direct.
Repped by Gersh Agency and Levin/Brown Management, Fugit has appeared in HBO's Cinema Verite as well as big-screen efforts We Bought a Zoo, Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant and Thanks for Sharing.
Lesley Goldberg contributed to this report.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR